Thursday, November 22, 2012

Alys, Always

alys, always

The reviews I read before I read Alys, Always were good enough to convince me I should read the book. Frances happens upon a car accident and the driver, Alys, dies from her injuries before help arrives. Somehow Frances ends up befriending Alys' family and things go from there...If Harriet Lane was trying to create a character who was creepy, she certainly succeeded. I liked Frances at the beginning of the book, but by the end I was thoroughly creeped out by the whole thing...Apparently Frances is very Rebecca-like. I've never actually made it past the first chapter in Daphne du Maurier's book, but after reading Alys, Always, I might just have to go try it again.

This was a quick read - I think there's maybe 200 pages in the book - but it was good...it had me turning the pages because I wasn't sure if I was reading things into it or if Frances really was THAT manipulative.

No comments:

Post a Comment