Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Disappeared


Oh, July book number two, The Disappeared by Kim Echlin, you were tough on me. I read the first half very quickly and then it languished beside my bed. I'd read a couple of pages a night and give up. I'm not sure what it was. I think it started when Anne went to Cambodia and found Serey. You can sense the foreboding from the beginning, but it becomes overwhelming once Anne gets to Cambodia and starts to (she thinks) settle in.

I don't know about this book. I loaned to my sister, so we'll see what she thinks...I finished it during the week that started all the crazy health stuff, so it may have just been the wrong time to be reading this book...

Has anyone else read it?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a Great Book Challenge! I'm super impressed with your goal of reading a book a week in 2012. But I need some motivation to get back into reading - I keep getting distracted by Sherlock Holmes fanfiction while waiting for the new BBC series to air next year - can I join your challenge? Though I think my challenge will be your first one - a book a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne! Of course you can join! There are many days when I'm not sure how I'm going to do the challenge next year and then I have a super month and I think, oh, it will be okay...

    ReplyDelete