Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

Yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open.

And I blame it all on this book!

the girl who kicked the hornet's nest

On Monday, while Alex was doing some stuff in the kitchen and I was waiting for him to finish so I could do the dishes, I decided I'd take some me time (instead of, you know, doing some laundry or something else productive) and read. I was about half way into this book and I'd been taking it slow - a few chapters here, a few chapters there.

Well.

HA!

I'm not going to spoil it for you, but at the end of the book there is a trial. And it takes up a good part of the last 100 pages (yes, I do read ridiculously fast when I'm not being interrupted).

So I just started the trial and Alex simultaneously finished in the kitchen. Off I trundled to do the dishes. And then go to bed. Except. Well. This book had my attention. More than either of the previous books. And I NEEDED to know what happened. And I needed to know NOW. So I stayed up way past my bed time reading. And I finished the book. And then I didn't sleep very well at all because my mind was racing and trying to figure out where Stieg Larsson was going with this series before he died.

Verdict: READ THESE BOOKS. But do it when you have lots of time and can read all night if you have to.

I don't want to say too much because I know not everyone has read them...if you have read them, are there any characters that you wonder about? There are a few names that have been strategically dropped and I wonder what would have happened in the subsequent books. There is one female in particular who I think would likely have figured very prominently in the later part of the series.

So, if you've read these, leave your thoughts and comments in the comment section. I'd love to hear what you thought about any or all of these books!

If you haven't read these and would like to, assume that entering the comment section means you're opening yourself up to spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment