Friday, July 30, 2010

Bonus Book: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I did it...somehow this month I managed to read more than one book! It might have had something to do with being on vacation. It might also have had something to do with staying up a little later that I should have reading. And just maybe it had something to do with this book being extremely hard to put down.

the girl with the dragon tattoo

I'm already a fair way into The Girl Who Played With Fire and I'm wishing the author didn't die before he finished the series. I have no idea what's going to happen over the course of the next two books, but already I'm sensing that I'm going to be disappointed that there is NO MORE.

Crime novels tend to be my quick reads. I really enjoy Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell and pretty much any other random crime book my dad is reading. I loved that even though this book was in translation, I didn't feel like it was.

I'm not sure what grabbed me about this book, but I certainly recommend it...just like every single person I've talked to who has also read it.

(In some strange way this reminds me of Harry Potter - it has a huge following, lots of "non-readers" are reading it and I think I could probably reread it even though I know exactly what's going to happen at the end.)

EDIT: photo added 05/08/10

No comments:

Post a Comment